BATTLING BLUE LIGHT
Why worry about blue light?
• 62 percent of surveyed respondents spend five or more hours on their digital devices every day
• 14 percent spend at least 10 hours a day on their devices
• Chronic exposure to blue-light-producing LED lights creates retinal injury
• Reading on blue-lite-reading devices before bed:
* prolongs the time it takes to fall asleep
* delays the circadian clock
* reduces the amount and delays the timing of REM sleep
* reduces alertness the following morning
• An association has been found between dysfunctional sleep-wake cycles and other health problems, such as diabetes and some forms of cancer
The doctors at Primary Eyecare Center recommend selective filtering of harmful Blue-Violet light for all of our users of digital devices. Ask your doctor or optician for more information.