BATTLING BLUE LIGHT
Why worry about blue light?
• 62 percent of surveyed respondents spend five or more hours on their digital devices every day
• 14 percent spend at least 10 hours a day on their devices.
• Chronic exposure to blue-light-producing LED lights creates retinal injury.
• Reading on blue-lite-reading devices before bed:
o prolongs the time it takes to fall asleep,
o delays the circadian clock
o reduces the amount and delays the timing of REM sleep
o reduces alertness the following morning,”
• An association has been found between dysfunctional sleep-wake cycles and other health problems, such as diabetes and some forms of cancer.
The doctors at Primary Eyecare Center recommend selective filtering of harmful BlueViolet light for all of our users of digital devices. Ask our doctors or opticians for more information.